Microsoft® Office Publisher 2010 is an application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher includes a large collection of templates that provide a great way to start a new publication.
This course is intended for persons with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft® Publisher 2010 to create, layout, and edit publications.
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure success, we recommend that students first take one of the following Element K’s introductory courses, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
• Windows XP Professional: Level 1
• Windows XP Professional: Level 2
• Windows 7: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• get familiar with the Publisher 2010 environment and start working on a publication.
• modify the layout and structure of a publication.
• format text in a publication.
• edit the contents in a publication.
• format graphics in a publication.
• prepare a publication for distribution.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Publisher 2010
Lesson 2: Modifying the Layout and Structure of a Publication
Lesson 3: Formatting Text in a Publication
Lesson 4: Editing Content in a Publication
Lesson 5: Formatting Graphics in a Publication
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Distribution